Friday, May 16, 2014

Four Seasons Macau Massage

So it was my bad luck that the day I was scheduled for a massage, the only male masseuse at the Four Seasons Macau would be off-duty. I like males touching me. And especially in massages , they tend to have a consistent strength where many female masseuses have uneven pressure. There’s also a tenderness in the strength with male masseuses that many females can’t replicate.
products used at spa

So I changed my treatment to a facial. But bad luck me. The morning of my treatment, I popped a blood vessel from either working out the night before, lack of sleep, or perhaps it was an infection due to the humidity. Though we had rain during our stay and we came on the cusp of humid weather, it was apparent that Macau can get very humid. The towels, especially the large ones, tended to smell mildew. I began to notice this at the Four Seasons—I definitely didn’t notice this at the Mandarin Oriental Macau. So it could have been the towels or the shower heads that harbored some bacteria that got into my eye.

Anyway, the Four Seasons spa suggested not to do a facial. I returned to doing a massage. Alas, no last minute male masseuse. I asked for hard pressure which I got—a got a combination of Thai and some other technique. The masseuse wasn’t bad and the pressure was suitable, but overall, I wasn’t exhilarated by it. I was in physical therapy for a while and I also audited hotels with spas so I know a good massage when it comes. Like I said, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t something that I would return to have.

Actually though compared to the treatment that my colleagues had at the Mandarin Oriental, we had the better treatment. I believe they had a similar 90 minute treatment but some of that time was spent being scrubbed down and with Jacuzzi baths and some other overall sensory things. I had pretty much a 90 minute straight massage with the exception of a foot scrub at the beginning. Still a little bit unnecessary as i bathed right before my treatment, but at least I didn’t have to jump in the Jacuzzi in front of someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment